Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Spicing Up Your Morning Message with Rigor

Morning message is a staple among many early childhood classrooms. It can be a great way to get those cogs working at the beginning of the day. Many teachers include sentences that you can read together, identifying rhyming words or punctuation. I am going to give you some suggestions of ways you can include some higher level activities as well.

This is what my morning message looks like.




1) Venn diagrams: I choose 2 topics every day to compare and contrast. Some times it goes along with what we are studying. Sometimes I use 2 students or 2 staff members. Here are some examples:









2. Analogies:












Forgive the handwriting-I'm a lefty and the farther down the chart I go the harder it is for me to write legibly. :) 

What kinds of things do you include in your morning message?


No comments :

Post a Comment