Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2017

My Spring Break Reads

Our Spring Break was this past week and it was nice to recharge.

I read a few books (these are my break reads along with a few other I read this month):


I LOVED this book! It's about a brother and sister who move to the country in Maine with their parents. They meet a neighbor who helps instill in them a passion for taking care of farm animals. Touching and fun to read.


About another brother and sister but this pair are essentially homeless. Older brother trying to take care of his younger sister but not exactly able to do that effectively. It highlights what life is like for our kiddos who face homelessness as well as the choices we make for family.


Titles intrigue me-this one apparently refers to a famous stage note by Shakespeare. This one is definitely a YA story. The protagonist is a cheerleader at cheer camp who gets drugged and raped. Most of the story is the aftermath of how she and the rest of the town deal with the fallout.


Her parents put their heart and soul into making her into an Olympic level gymnast. When there's a mysterious death in the town it comes to light how much the parents in the community are hiding. Definitely YA, but a pretty well-written mystery.

        And my favorite--one of the authors who reviewed the story called it "timely and timeless". I think that's a perfect way to describe it. A story of two very hard-working immigrants from Africa dealing with the process of trying to get visas, dealing with living working-class lives working for wealthy families. It's a well-written story-I cared so much about these characters and what was going to happen to them.





No comments :

Post a Comment