Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

If I Were the Giving Tree...

The Giving Tree is a classic story. I played the version of Shel Silverstein reading it himself:


Then I asked the students to write from the perspective of the Giving Tree-how would they feel, what would they say/do?



If I were the Giving Tree I would go away.


...I would be happy someone took my branches.


I would have decorations.


The most hones answer:    I would say I'm glad to give him my stuff but I wish he would ask another tree.

I feel beautiful. The tree she had to give all those things to the boy.




I wanted the boy not to be homeless.

I want the man to be rich.

\\

I would have a lot of apples.


I would have more best friends.


I will love the boy. :) 


I will let him get my stuff.


I would feel bad because I was all alone.










No comments :

Post a Comment