Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Grandparents' Celebration

Every year I do a "tea" for our Mothers and a celebration for our fathers. I was posting pics of our tables ready for them last year and my former principal who was then the grandparent of one of my students commented "what about the grandparents!". Now I know she was just kidding, but it stuck with me-this year I would do something for grandparents. Our district has a special lunch that the grandparents can come attend so that morning we sang some songs to them and then did an activity where the grandparents would paint their handprints next to their grandchild's. If I did it again I'd probably have them just trace their hands and cut them out-the paint was ok, I went over expectations with the kiddos before but the clean up was hard even though I actually have a sink in the room-the line to wash up was pretty long. And one parent complained about putting his hand in the orange paint-he is an Aggies fan (outside of Texas you may not get that reference). I didn't get great pics of the final product because of course, the grandparents took it with them, but here are some examples.




Then the kids also made some souvenirs for their grandparents:





























1 comment :

  1. Ahh, so so sweet. I bet those grandparents felt pretty special. Well done friend.

    ReplyDelete