Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2016

My New Classroom

So it's still under construction, but I went into school every day this week to work on my room. I know a lot of schools do it differently, but when I return after the custodians have cleaned it, this is what it looks like:


So after a lot of sweat and even a few tears-here's what I ended up with. I was going for a Where the Wild Things Are theme:


A former student did the drawings for me.


My word wall and math bulletin board area. The words will be on the cutouts and then they can un-clothespin them and take them to their seats to use in their writing.


My library (that's my favorite part)-I wish the seats weren't so little-I'd sit there and read! :)


And the bulletin outside my classroom. That was my favorite border that I found.

Still going through closets and trying to make room for supplies, etc. I've discovered I have way too many books which is something I never thought I would say. :) Have to figure out a better storage system for them. But I do feel like I got a lot done. We have 2 weeks of pre-service activities and very limited time to work on our rooms-so it's a lot less anxiety for me to worry if I go in early and get it done. Although it was very hard to give up that last week of vacation for it. ;) 




1 comment :

  1. You have two weeks of pre-service? Wow. We have 3 contract days before school starts.

    ReplyDelete