Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

Eggs, Eggs, Eggs

I love doing our unit about eggs! When I ask my kiddos what they already know about eggs, one of the things they say is that they are very delicate. Which is true-but they are also very strong! We predicted how many books we could stack on the egg and ended up with over 16. I love that there are so many egg stories in children's literature. These are a few of my favorites:



My students thought this story was just hilarious! They are trying to figure what this creature is that hatched with the chickens-because it's so much bigger than the others.


One of my all-time favorites. Jessica finds an egg and out hatches what must be a chicken. They refer to it as a chicken throughout the whole story which also causes some appropriate giggles from the audience. "The chicken saved her"--it's really an alligator, but since they had never seen a chicken or an alligator before....


Duck and Goose argue over whose egg it is when they find one in the park. They talk about raising their little baby and eventually become friends. There's a nice little twist at the end too!


Oh Horton! This book is great for discussing ethics and the jobs moms are supposed to do.


This is a folktale that is retold. It's a story about a girl who befriends a woman with talking eggs. She follows the rules and is nice, where her sister....not so much. 


This is just a very sweet story about a bunny waiting for his chick to hatch.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!



No comments :

Post a Comment