Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Pooh Thanksgiving


I know the traditional thing to do, is to have the kids do an activity asking them what they are thankful for. The thing is, we do that all the time in our Gratitude Journals. So I wanted to do something different, and of course, I wanted to make them think a little bit. We just finished the story of Winnie-the-Pooh so I asked them to imagine all of Pooh's friends getting together to celebrate the holiday and to tell me instead what each of the characters would be thankful for. We are incorporating their memory of details from the character development in the story and applying them in a different way.

Here's what they came up with:



How much do you love that Roo and Piglet are at the kids' table! She said she put an adult (Kanga) there to watch them. :)









Piglet on the edge of the table needing help.....priceless. :)






6 comments :

  1. Tigger is my all-time favorite though Pigley, Pooh, and Roo are tied for second. Awesome post; thanks!

    Happy Thanksgiving,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think about it until I read your comment-but Tigger must be introduced later in the series-he wasn't in the one we read. I love Pooh! He is a bear of little brain, but sometimes comes out with some whoppers! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! http://engagetheirminds.wordpress.com/2013/11/28/my-edublog-award-nominations/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much-you know I feel the same way about your blog. When people ask me for resources I always include yours! :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, that is just BRILLIANT! I love it.

    ReplyDelete