Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

School Supply Inventors

My poor kiddos-I made them actually think during the first week of school! I asked them to invent a new kind of school supply. What was a need that they had and how could a new tool help them out. Guess what a majority of them invented...a machine to do their work for them! Who can blame them-if they had one of those for teachers, I bet many of us would buy it. :)

I think it's really difficult for them to try to think of something that doesn't already exist. I heard a lot of "it's hard" or "I can't do it" (by the way when I said I don't like the word "can't", as in at least try, the child said "ok, I cannot do it"! Gotta love 'em.) Here are some of the other things they came up with:












4 comments :

  1. I really want to come hang out with these clever kids!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! They'd love to meet you too, believe me! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh man, a pencil that shoots snacks! That's every kid's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind one of those for myself! Might make meetings a little more bearable :)

    ReplyDelete