Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Attitude All Year Long

I had my first back-to-school dream last night. We were on a field trip in the ocean (don't know how that got approved) and I got bitten by an octopus. Actually I think it was more like his suckers got stuck to me and then wouldn't come off. The dream dictionary says an octopus means you don't want to let go of something, could that be....summer! :) Well, then I read this article:


And decided that I really like this philosophy!



 We all come back those first few weeks refreshed and motivated. Then things start to pile up and things can start getting overwhelming again. I don't know about you, but even though I have very well-intentioned goals of staying on top of everything, I often feel like I'm treading water. I need to get done what needs to be done for tomorrow. I'm going to try to avoid that pitfall this year. As the writer pledged, I am also going to pledge to make time for myself every day-turn off those to-do lists swirling around my head and treat every day like a blank slate.

Just thought it was a neat perspective and wanted to share. Maybe we can all keep a little bit of that summer attitude this school year! :)



3 comments :

  1. It is a great perspective and a very important thing to remember. I think I would need to write "me time" on my to do list otherwise I won't fit it in :)
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an enlightening article and oh so true. By the way, your dream made me laugh. I start having school dreams around this time of year too. Mine always involve children who are totally out of control and some adult, like the principal or a parent, is watching it all happen. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article - I love this! I'm going to think about what I can do to keep my summer persona alive and happy!

    ReplyDelete