Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Quote Journals

In my quest to find new ideas for journaling next year, I came across this one and thought I'd share. I got many great suggestions from fellow bloggers-I think it's so nice how generous our community is with sharing ideas! Anyway, I saw what was being marketed as quote journals-really it was just a journal with a quote on the front. However, this got me thinking about the kids' journals; I've always been a fan of quotes. In high school I actually started a journal that I still have, with various quotes I liked from people I liked. Now with Pinterest, you can imagine how much time I waste looking at "inspirational quotes". :)

So I would print out the quote, just like I do with their poems (maybe on computer labels-that way they can just stick it in) and the kids would write their interpretation and draw an illustration of what it means. Often, we use a quote in our morning warm-up discussion and it's a bit of a challenge for them.

I think our first one will be "just keep walking along, singing your song"-Pete the Cat. They are big fans so I think they'll get a kick out of it. :)


1 comment :

  1. I love quotes. I like to use one quote a week as writing inspiration. I just never have done it every week.

    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack
    Balancing the Backpack

    ReplyDelete