Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Egg Perspectives

So this week didn't exactly go as planned. I usually do a unit on eggs-I love this unit because there are so many great stories, especially ones where something unexpected comes out of the egg. I also like to do some experiments with eggs to show the kids how we think of them as being so fragile, but really they are pretty strong. But we were just too busy with other things this week.

On Thursday we were told some Texans (as in the football team) were going to come read to the kiddos. Turns out there most of the players may have been from a university team, however, a big, strong athlete took the time to read to a bunch of 5-year olds. He was pretty nervous at first, I mean, understandably so. Who knows what these little guys would say? But he was a really good sport. He told them to always study, even if your goal was to be a professional athlete and work hard at whatever you do. Great advice.


The one activity we did get to do was to write from the perspective of an egg. Here's what they came up with:

I will be sad because I will not last for long.


I would be beautiful and big and shiny.

It's fun to be an egg because it's silly.




I will only feel happy if they never find me.







2 comments :