Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snow Ethics

We are still working on our ethics icon from Kaplan's Depth and Complexity. I asked the kids to write about whether it was right or wrong that snow melts. I was surprised by their answers, most of them are very sensitive and soft-hearted; so I thought there might be some sympathy for the snowflakes--but apparently, I was wrong. :) Most of them chose "right". We are still working on getting past the just because it's what happens doesn't make it right-several kids wrote that the sun melts the snow....so it's right.

Here in Texas we so rarely get snow, I'm not sure the kids can fathom playing in it! Even with the rare flurries we get everything just shuts down. :)






It's right because that's what happens-we have to work on that logic. :)









No comments :

Post a Comment