Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Character Campaign Posters

So I was thinking about how to talk about the upcoming election with my kiddos. They know who our President is, but this will be the first time they've seen an actual election take place in their lives. I'm still not sure they really understand what's going on (one of my munchkins described the debate as 2 guys both talking over each other and neither making any sense :).

We've read about the adventures of some good characters this year. The question was, if Skippyjon Jones, Clifford, Max from Where the Wild Things Are and Ladybug Girl were all in the running for President, who deserves to win. The kids made campaign posters for their choice and wrote why that candidate was the best. As in real life, the girl didn't get any votes (boo!)-the frontrunner definitely seemed to be SkippyJon Jones. Here are the posters they made:



















We talked about what campaigning meant-even kissing babies! :)










2 comments :

  1. What a fabulous idea! Somehow I feel I could also tie that into our Halloween discussions next week. If a monster, ghost, and witch all ran for president...
    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April! I love the idea of doing Halloween characters. Many elections are a decision between the best of 2 evils! :)

      Delete