Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Inspiration Struck Sunday


Even though I know many of us have at least a few more weeks of vacation yet, I wanted to post this video.  I just think it's very inspiring!



I saw videos from this site highlighted on another blog. I had never heard of it. Being such a visual person, I love to watch videos of great teachers in action!



Not at all teaching-related. But I am trying to make time to read more myself. I thought it was very hypocritical to be telling my kiddos about how much they should be reading over the summer and for me not to hone those skills at all. I read a lot for school, but not really just for fun. I just finished the.best.book! I read it in like 4 days and I'm not a fast reader-I had to find out how it ended. It's about a married couple-the wife disappears on their 5th anniversary and of course, they look to the husband as the culprit. Mid-book there's a huge twist and we find out who did it, but then we have to read on to see if they get the justice they deserve. So it's a mystery of sorts. I really liked it. In the reviews on Amazon many didn't like the ending, but I am not one that always has to have a happy ending. Anyway, it's called Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn: 


They just sold the movie rights-Reese Witherspoon is going to play the missing wife. It will be the first time in a long time I will be able to say I read the book before I saw the movie!

Anyway, Happy Sunday!


No comments :

Post a Comment