Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dear Future Kindergarteners,

Every year I have the students write a letter to the students who are in Pre-K now, but next fall will be Kindergarteners. Partly because I want to review letter writing, but partly because I want it to be sinking in that they will have a different teacher next year. Sometimes, especially if this is their first year in school, they think you will their teacher for life! :) You can tell what my pet peeves are in the classroom.


Do not bump into the wall in the hall-good advice, right?!

You need to know how to get words right, never go to sleep and don't whistle.

I'm not sure where the multiplication comes from-we obviously don't teach that in Kinder! I think maybe they are trying to scare them.

Always follow directions and you do homework.

Do not go to sleep when the teacher is reading (can you tell we don't have naptime-I can't let them lay down to listen to a story because they fall asleep). The last line if always get happy faces all the time.

I hope they listen. I love the Pre-K'ers.


Miss Trayers is (Miss Trayers') -You will do how many gums in the jar and multiplication and how to read and write.


Be good scholars. Watch out for bad listeners. You are going to learn math.-Wise words!

Don't waste paper, don't argue with Miss Trayers, be good scholars, don't complain, try to understand.

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I love kids writing. A couple years ago I had my kids do a book of advice for the incoming students and it was hilarious to see the things that stuck out in their minds. One group waxed elequoent about only using a few dots of glue so that one didn't become a glue monster! Obviously I had drilled that into their heads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your future kindergarteners letters! How precious & what great writers. :) I just found your blog & I'm a new follower. Looking forward to reading more of your blog!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete