Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon

This is one of my all-time, top 10 favorite stories to read to the kids! (My kids tell me I say that all the time :). But this one really is. It's about a little girl who may not have the best voice, who is fumble-fingered, who has buck teeth you can balance pennies on-but her grandmother tells her to still "stand tall"---and she does!


We discussed the word "flaw" and how some people's flaws were something others saw as strengths. I asked them to reflect on what their flaws were and how they would still "stand tall".


Her curly hair. I would have given anything for some curls when I was little. :)


Ironic, right?




1 comment :

  1. Dear Miss Trayers,
    I am so glad that you commented on my blog so that I could find your blog. I am your newest follower. I am going to have to look for Stand Tall. My kiddos tell me that I am always saying that every book is my favorite. They are exaggerating, but I do love children's literature.

    ReplyDelete