Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Shape Poems

With this being National Poetry Month and all, we've switched our focus a bit from the kids listening and responding to poems, to more of them writing their own. We looked at a couple of shape poems and talked about how they could be about anything, but would probably be easier to make a shape of something simple-like an ice cream cone or a star. Here's what they came up with:


My fave: he took the icon for Ethics and wrote words on both sides-right ways to act and wrong.










1 comment :

  1. Those are so creative! I love this idea and will need to have my kiddos do this when we have our Shape Party.

    Thank you for sharing the idea! =)

    I would be honored if you came to visit me and followed me back!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete